This is the fifth course in the Google Project Management Certificate program. This course will explore the history, approach, and philosophy of Agile project management, including the Scrum framework. You will learn how to differentiate and blend Agile and other project management approaches. As you progress through the course, you will learn more about Scrum, exploring its pillars and values and comparing essential Scrum team roles. You will discover how to build, manage, and refine a product backlog, implement Agile’s value-driven delivery strategies, and define a value roadmap. You will also learn strategies to effectively organize the five important Scrum events for a Scrum team, introduce an Agile or Scrum approach to an organization, and coach an Agile team. Finally, you will learn how to search for and land opportunities in Agile roles. Current Google project managers will continue to instruct and provide you with the hands-on approaches, tools, and resources to meet your goals.
Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
– Explain the Agile project management approach and philosophy, including values and principles.
– Explain the pillars of Scrum and how they support Scrum values.
– Identify and compare the essential roles in a Scrum team and what makes them effective.
– Build and manage a Product Backlog and perform Backlog Refinement.
– Describe the five important Scrum events and how to set up each event for a Scrum team.
– Implement Agile’s value-driven delivery strategies and define a value roadmap.
– Explain how to coach an Agile team and help them overcome challenges.
– Conduct a job search for an Agile role and learn how to succeed in your interview.