The Capstone project enables you to demonstrate multiple skills by solving an authentic real-world problem. You’ll test your abilities in full-stack back-end development in a real-life scenario by composing a Django web app. Each module includes a brief recap of, and links to, content that you have covered in previous courses in this program.
You will use clean and bug-free coding to create a Django web server with multiple API endpoints and connect it to a MySQL database. You’ll also create a template system driven by Django views.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Compose a backend application using multiple skills
• Use Django to serve static HTML content
• Commit the project to a Git repository
• Connect the backend to the database
• Implement the menu and table booking APIs
• Set up user registration and authentication
• Test the application with unit tests and Insomnia
• Synthesize the skills from this course and evaluate other learners
• Reflect on this project’s content and on the learning path that lies ahead.
On completion of the Capstone project, you’ll have a project-based portfolio that you can show to potential employers when interviewing for an engineering role.
To complete this course, you will need back-end developer experience. Additionally, it always helps to have a can-do attitude!