Do you want to develop skills to prototype embedded products using state-of-the-art technologies? In this course you will build a hardware and software development environment to guide your journey through the Internet of Things specialization courses. We will use the DragonBoard™ 410c single board computer (SBC).
This is the first in a series of courses where you will learn both the theory and get the hands-on development practice needed to prototype Internet of Things products. This course is suitable for a broad range of learners.
This course is for you if:
– You want to learn how to use learn how to use Linux for embedded purposes.
– You want to pivot your career towards the design and development of Internet of Things enabled products
– You are an entrepreneur, innovator or member of a DIY community
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1) Know where you can find resources and help in the 96Boards ecosystem.
2) Describe the DragonBoard™ 410c peripherals, I/O expansion capabilities, Compute (CPU and Graphics) capabilities, and Connectivity capabilities.
3) Understand how to navigate and make use of the Linux terminal.
4) Configure at least one integrated development environment (IDE) for developing software.
5) Make use of Git and GitHub for version control purposes.
6) Create and build projects that interface with sensors and actuators through GPIO and Arduino.
What you will learn
Introduction and Supplemental Materials
Welcome to the Internet of Things! Before diving into this course give us a chance to let you know what it is all about! We will walk you through a module by module outline that will give you highlights on the interesting aspects of the course. In this course, you will see a lot of new words and acronyms you might not be familiar with. If you feel comfortable with your knowledge of tech terminology, feel free to skip these lessons since they will not affect the overall integrity of the course. If you see something that you want to know a little more about, feel free to watch the video to gain insight on some basic concepts. We do expect you to know the majority of this material before going into the next module, we would recommend going through the lessons as a quick brush up.
DragonBoard Bringup and Ecosystem
Mezzanines and Sensors (Canned Demos w/ software)
We will teach about the Linux operating system, the Sensors Mezzanine, version control and showcase projects that you should try out yourself.
Advanced Projects and Code
We will be learning about building different operating systems from scratch and showcasing some advanced projects.