In this course, you will learn how to create a complete, multi-user web site using the Meteor.js framework and MongoDB. You will implement user authentication, security features, reactive templates and routing using iron router. You will carry out key database operations such as inserting, removing and updating data as well as sorting and filtering. You will see how a complete application can be built, line by line.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Install the Meteor.js system and create a web application
2. Work with the Meteor.js packaging system
3. Write Meteor.js templates that can reactively display data
4. Use insert, remove and update operations on MongoDB
5. Write MongoDB data filters to search for and sort data
6 .Add user authentication functionality to a website
7. Control what is displayed on the page using iron:router
8. Implement basic security features
In this course, you will complete:
1 server install assignment taking ~1 hour to complete
1 programming assignment taking ~8 hours to complete
4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete
multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete
Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes.