In this course, you will explore how to use accounting to allocate resources and incentivize manager and employee behaviors with these resources. You will also learn how financial and non-financial accounting information facilitates strategic performance measurement and how to integrate this information to continuously improve strategy.
You will be able to:
• Understand the role of managerial accounting information and use it to avoid common pitfalls in business decisions
• Understand the iterative and interrelated nature of budgeting and apply the key components to preparing a master budget
• Evaluate capital investments via a variety of measures
• Calculate, interpret, and investigate variances
• Understand decentralization and its advantages and disadvantages
• Communicate the role of non-financial measures and strategic performance measurement systems
• Compute and interpret financial performance measures and identify associate issues
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.