This course discusses the lessons learned by Michael Stonebraker and Andy Palmer during their start-up endeavors over a 30-year period. The lessons are distilled into six steps that any entrepreneur can follow to get a company going.
Topics include the generation and assessment of ideas, the challenges of building a prototype, the recruitment of a talented team, the closing of the first financing round, and pursuing growth with the right business leadership.
What you’ll learn
- Assess product ideas for rapid development and commercialization.
- Understand the start-up team, develop partnerships, and produce a prototype.
- Prepare and evaluate strategies to identify and court the vital first few customers.
- Anticipate organizational challenges to motivating and leading the start-up team.
- Develop key steps toward making a pitch and negotiating a deal with venture capitalists or seed investors