Engineering leaders must write extensively for their jobs, and their writing needs to be professional, reader-focused, and error-free. What leaders write in particular can affect productivity and the bottom line, so the written communication that leaders create must be clear and concise. In this course, you’ll learn essential writing skills that you can apply in your daily activities on the job as an engineering leader. You’ll learn key principles in
• Approaching various engineering genres
• Using the writing process to create quality documents
• Making your writing structured
• Making your writing clear and concise
• Handling style, tone, and voice
Selected materials courtesy of Communication Faculty at Rice University – all rights reserved.